Graha Shanti Havan is a Puja and Havan conducted for the purpose of peace in dwelling.If there are any negative effects i.e. doshas of a particular Graha then they too can be cured through this Graha Shanti Havan.
The Graha Shanti Havan is primarily aimed at reducing or eliminating the negative effects of the planets that are not in our favour as per our horoscopes. This makes life smoother and more easy-going. Because it is a ‘Graha Shanti Puja‘, it helps to create harmony amongst all the members who shall take shelter there. Major problems in our lives are caused due to these doshas. They help determine the levels and frequency of peace, harmony, health and wealth in our lives. This Havan is extremely beneficial to spread positivity in the environment.
Benefits of Graha Shanti Puja and Havan:
The Graha Shanti Havan is performed primarily to enhance the effects of the powerful planets as per our horoscope and simultaneously negate the negative effects of the weaker or troublesome ones. The effects created thereby would:
- Cultivate healthy and harmonious relationships amongst family members.
- Bring mental peace to everyone.
- Success in the endeavors of all the members.
- Bring good physical, mental and emotional health to all the family members.
- Spread good vibrations in the Universe.
- Help us improve upon our good qualities and help us do away with our bad ones.
- Provide safety from various calamities by offering a safe environment.
Graha Shanti Puja and Havan Vidhi :
- The usual Puja materials form a part of this Puja also; for example a Havan Kund¸ mango and sandalwood pieces, ghee, herbs, Agarbatti, diyas etc.
- The Puja starts with the Pandit and family members seated in a manner that they surround the Havan Kund from all four sides.
- The head of the family or a senior member is the main karta for the Puja. He / she does all the rituals and repeats the mantras recited by the Pandit.
- No Puja can ever start without seeking the blessings of Lord Ganesh. Once he is a part of the Puja, the chances of having obstacles are eliminated.
- Post that, we pray to invoke the blessings of the nine planets. This is the core component of the Puja.
- The Pandit shall help us chant the mantras pertaining to each of these nine planets. This gives us a chance to pray to our strong planets to be stronger and seek forgiveness from those planets which are weaker so as to not be affected by them.
- The Hom Havan shall continue till all the mantras have been chanted. Post this, the family members sing aartis to please all the Gods and Goddesses.
- Prasad is distributed amongst the people present.
Occasions to do a Graha Shanti Puja and Havan:
- A Graha Shanti Havan can be performed by anyone at any point in their lives any number of times. But because it is a ‘Graha’ Shanti Havan, one needs to definitely do it when he/she moves into a new home or office.
- People also conduct the Puja after renovation of the premises. It is possible that some living beings may have been hurt in this process of creation or renovation.
- This Puja is aimed at seeking forgiveness from those who have been negatively affected.
- The Graha Shanti Havan shall help in sending out positive vibrations to the Universe. Many people do it as an annual ritual.
- The Graha Shanti Havan is also conducted before a wedding in the house.