Bhoomi is like the base, without which, it is difficult to sustain. She is our mother, and no life can exist without the her. Bhoomi is very Pujneeya to all Hindus. Praying to her for our well-being and prosperity is known as Bhoomi Puja. It is a very important ritual that is purely devoted to worshipping this mother. Bhoomi Puja is revering to the piece of land before any sort of construction starts.
We are disturbing her natural state, her state of equilibrium; hence we need to make sure we do the right thing to appease the positive as well as the not-so positive energies in that space. We pray to enhance the positive energies and to nullify or at least reduce the negative ones.
The Bhoomi Puja vidhi mentioned here is a generalized procedure followed while performing the Puja. But, since we assist our clients perform the Puja as per their community and language’s rituals, traditions and customs; the procedure or vidhi for Bhoomi Puja will vary accordingly.
- This Puja more often than not happens in the north-east corner of the plot.
- Other Bhoomi puja samagri includes ghee lamps, oil lamps, flowers, turmeric, kumkum, camphor, coconuts, fruits, rice grains, supari (betel nuts), Panchamrut (a mixture of milk, ghee, honey/sugar, curd and Tulsi leaves), sweets and samagri for the Havan Kund.
- To do the Bhoomi Puja we need samagri like Kalash with Gangajal, coconut and mango leaves, flowers, fruits, sweets, kumkum, haldi, akshata, durva, aarti thali, supari etc.
- A customary dig takes place which is generally done using a spade by the karta of the Bhoomi Puja. It’s only after this ‘dig’ that actual construction can begin.
- The Bhoomi Puja Vidhi starts with the usual Ganesh Puja. Then, in accordance to the Vastu Vidhi, a Navagraha Puja is done. The Bhoomi Pujan is incomplete without a Havan.
- Other major rituals in the main Bhoomi Pujan include firstly taking a Sankalpa followed by shatkarma, Devi poojan, bhoomi abhisinchan, pran pratishtha and manglik dravyasthapana.
- After all this we do the anushthan, sing the aarti and repeatedly seek apologies.